Job Purpose and Background in summary
In 2023 CDP underwent a complete digital transformation, seeing us transition the annual disclosure cycle from a paper-based, human-intensive and vendor-dependent stack, to a completely in-house developed, modernised and scalable product that will revolutionise the customer-experience for both external and internal users. As part of this transformation we also built completely new teams, spanning across Design, Product, Infrastructure and Engineering.
The Engineering team is made up of three product squads;
- Disclosure: how CDP builds and programs questionnaires, and respondents provide their data
- Scoring: how CDP scores and assesses respondents' data
- Data: how CDP can provide datasets and products to customers
The Senior Azure Data Engineer sits within our Data squad and will be responsible for developing data products for the company’s digital portfolio, built in the Azure ecosystem. This position will play a key role in developing, maintaining and improving key data products that will enable global customers to measure and act on their environmental impacts.
CDP is a not-for-profit charity that runs the global disclosure system for investors, companies, cities, states and regions to manage their environmental impacts. The world’s economy looks to CDP as the gold standard of environmental reporting with the richest and most comprehensive dataset on corporate and city action. In 2021 we launched our new five-year strategy: Accelerating the Rate of Change - find out more here. Visit https://cdp.net/en or follow us @CDP to find out more.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work collaboratively within one of the cross-functional product squads
- Analyse raw data, develop and maintain data processing applications, and improve data quality and efficiency
- Build, monitor, improve the data pipelines on Azure
- Contribute to building and optimising scalable and high-quality applications
- Perform regular code reviews to ensure code quality, maintainability, security, and adherence to company standards / industry best practice
- Gather requirements, provide technical expertise, and contribute insights to enhance the software solutions.
- Maintain clear and comprehensive technical documentation, ensuring smooth collaboration and knowledge sharing among team members.
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies and industry trends to drive innovation and improvement.
- Tech-Stack: Python, Spark, Synapse, Azure DevOps, PowerBI, Terraform
You will bring the following:
- Experience building cloud native solutions preferably with Microsoft Azure
- Experience in building a data platform on Azure (Synapse, Spark, Azure Data factory, PowerBI)
- Experience with data design patterns, such as medallion architecture & data vault
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience working in Agile and DevOps environments
- Proficiency with infrastructure-as-code is beneficial (e.g. Terraform)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge, interest, and passion for the environmental and / or sustainability space
- DP-203 certification
- Experience in complex multi-product data driven companies
- Experience working with charities, NGOs, or similar organisations
Salary and benefits:
- £50,000 - £70,000 per annum
- Working for a leading people-centric environmental NGO with dedicated, passionate and caring coworkers;
- Competitive NGO salary and 8% Company Pension Program;
- 30 days annual holidays (with purchased leave options);
- Flexible working hours (with option to take flex-days)
- Up to 6 months remote work anywhere in the world
- Paid sabbaticals, enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave
- Office offering massage, prayer room and breastfeeding facilities
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant’s privacy notice. By uploading your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
How to apply:
Please upload your CV in the application form.