Job Purpose and Background in summary
In 2023 CDP underwent a complete digital transformation, seeing us transition the annual disclosure cycle from a paper-based, human-intensive and vendor-dependent stack, to a completely in-house developed, modernised and scalable product that will revolutionise the customer-experience for both external and internal users. As part of this transformation we also built completely new teams, spanning across Design, Product, Infrastructure and Engineering.
The Engineering team is made up of three unique squads;
Disclosure: how CDP builds and programs questionnaires, and respondents provide their data
Scoring: how CDP scores and assesses respondents' data
Data: how CDP can provide datasets and products to customers
As the world leader for environmental disclosure, a commitment to clean code and best-practice testing methodologies are paramount to providing a smooth user experience that ensures the integrity of the data we collect. Each engineering squad has an embedded QA Engineer, and we now seek a Lead QA Engineer, reporting into the Director of Engineering, who can provide leadership and oversight of our QA Engineers, continuously improve our testing practices, and ensure consistency across all areas of the product lifecycle.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a newly developed product, to influence lasting strategy while working for a purpose-driven, privately funded non-profit organisation making real change to the climate ecosystem. Our impact is global, already working with some of the biggest and most recognisable brands in the world.
CDP is a not-for-profit charity that runs the global disclosure system for investors, companies, cities, states and regions to manage their environmental impacts. The world’s economy looks to CDP as the gold standard of environmental reporting with the richest and most comprehensive dataset on corporate and city action. In 2021 we launched our new five-year strategy: Accelerating the Rate of Change - find out more here. Visit https://cdp.net/en or follow us @CDP to find out more.
Key responsibilities include:
- Line managing a team of QA Engineers who themselves are assigned to different squads.
- Create, manage and own the processes, procedures and methodologies for the QA team including both manual and automated testing.
- Ensure consistency of approach, method and documentation across the various squads.
- Coordinate the UAT process between QA’s and the Product Owner team.
- Pool together reports on manual testing, automated test coverage, defects and overall product quality across the squads and distribute to appropriate stakeholders.
- Work with the Product Owners to ensure alignment of testing priorities.
- Create, manage and iterate on performance testing (JMeter) across the platforms.
- Identify and report on issues early in the development and release phases.
- Maintain clear and comprehensive technical documentation, ensuring smooth collaboration and knowledge sharing among team members.
- Design, drive and improve testing processes, including handling of user feedback to improve quality and usability of the product.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends to drive innovation and improvement.
- Lead the team through example, this role is expected to include a 50/50 split between leading and hands on QA testing
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge, interest, and passion for the environmental and / or sustainability space
- Experience within both growth-focused and established organisations doing manual and automated software testing.
- Previous experience in leading, developing and motivating a multi-squad/matrix-managed team
- Proficiency writing automated tests, using technologies like Cypress.
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD pipelines and continuous testing tools, preferably with Azure DevOps.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to think holistically about the testing applications
- Knowledge of TypeScript and Python
- Experience working in Agile and DevOps environments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to advocate for testing-best practices and influence adoption
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative in their workstyle to bring new ideas to the wider team
Salary and benefits:
- £80,000 - £90,000 per annum
- Working for a leading people-centric environmental NGO with dedicated, passionate and caring coworkers;
- Competitive NGO salary and 8% Company Pension Program;
- 30 days annual holidays (with purchased leave options);
- Flexible working hours (with option to take flex-days)
- Up to 6 months remote work anywhere in the world
- Paid sabbaticals, enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave
- Office offering massage, prayer room and breastfeeding facilities
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant’s privacy notice. By uploading your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
How to apply:
Please upload your CV in the application form.